Friday 13 January 2012

Princess Heidi

Heidi has kept me very busy for the past week or so, she's had tonsillitis and has used her time lying on the sofa very effectively. She has used this time to look deep inside and discover things about herself she never knew, the bit of herself that Heidi has discovered is ....her Inner Princess, Great!!
While she has been practising to become part of the royal family I can only imagine what was going on inside her head, so here it is, my theory on what Heidi was really thinking....
Heidi's guide to behaving like a Princess (and getting what you want)
  1. Fake illness - For all the steps below to work it is necessary to be ill, this way mum will be feeling sorry for you. It's best to fake it so you can truly enjoy the experience without any of the pesky side affects of illness.
  2. Demand waitress service - Refuse to move from the sofa or bed and insist food and drink is bought to you, and preferably spoon fed, with the drink being lifted for you. This way you can keep your hands nice and cosy under the blanket or cuddling your teddy.
  3. Only eat the finest food - If you're fed up with the normal healthy junk your mum tries to feed you, simply stop eating for a few days, this will then cause your mum to try and entice you with all sorts of yummy treats, by then she will be so desperate for you to eat that she'll say yes to anything, even chocolate, crisps and ice-cream!
  4. Walking is over rated - Insist on being carried everywhere, a good way of doing this is to start shaking when you stand up and say in a croaky voice 'my legs are all wobbly' works every time, especially when you want to go up and down the stairs.
  5. Watch what you want on TV - Pretend to fall asleep on the sofa, your mummy won't want to move you because you look so comfy and she wants to keep an eye on you, you can then wait until your mum puts the programme you fancy on and quietly watch it without them noticing. My programme of choice was The Inbetweeners, I have learnt a lot of new words!
  6. Get a court jester - Have someone to entertain you all the time, I personally enjoy watching a fully grown adult doing animal impressions and listening to their off key singing, especially if someone else is around to witness it as well.
  7. Be a drama queen (or princess!) - For this I had my mother move the angel from the top of the Christmas tree and place it so it was watching over me on my sick bed, this was to remind my mum of the seriousness of the situation.
Follow these steps and you too could enjoy the life of a Princess, however, be warned, mothers have their limit, my mum lasted 10 days before snapping and sending me back to preschool, oh well, it was fun while it lasted :)

2 comments:

  1. ha ha :-) hilarious...especially the angel trick..heidi, you should give lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, Princess Heidi. Armed with this invaulable inside information, I shall be printing this list off and sticking it in the medicine cupboard to decipher "symptoms" with a firm hand for once my scamp gets a bit bigger!

    ReplyDelete